Saturday, May 28, 2011

We talked about how music creates an enclosed world for us and after a while we won't even notice the song for it brings us to someplace else.

I thought of how I was typing furiously away on my itouch on the train ride back home, completely oblivious to my surroundings while having 花事了 on repeat, and The rescues' My Heart with You during the ride to bugis.

Thought about why we all have a need to share our thoughts with people we can connect with even though out souls can feed on our own thoughts and inspiration. I speak to others because I want them to know this is me, and all I am looking for is someone I can connect with, someone who can relate to my thoughts. Having such a need is a joke when you can't achieve it at all as the person you are.

-

"we are all constituents of each other" - how much of our thoughts are individual? Everyday, we speak to people, read, observe our surroundings and they shape who we are. We are constantly in search of things we feel define us, and when we do, hold that close to us, and it will become us, an extension of ourselves. Any extension of our beliefs must stem from the words of someone else, or shaped by our experience from interaction with people.

I am already shaped by that quote, and the many other things I have heard today. I dislike the term "inspiration (from another)", but it is an undeniable fact. Books, words, experiences change us so.

-

On the way home, I looked at my bag which says "I like shopping" and thought, this does not define who I am though people will judge me, label me, put me into certain groups because of the things I wear, and the things I carry. I carried that bag because I couldn't care less, and slipped into casual wear because I was lazy - but people will look at your physical appearances and try to define you in a certain manner.

Clothes give us an identity only if we ourselves believe clothes give us an identity. Then the next moment a dress I really liked caught my eye and I thought "I want to get it!" for a split second - I guess the clothes we are naturally attracted to still kind of define who we are in a certain manner. I guess it is safe to define someone by their physical appearances on the day the feel they are themselves.

It is the first direct thing people can assess afterall.

-


The Rescues - My Heart with You

Perfect song for the above purpose.

No comments: